MAC is a very popular cosmetics brand all over the world. In India, MAC is one of the most famous cosmetics brand and is known by every lady. The reason behind the popularity of this brand is that it is safe to use and is liked by many customers. It is a trusted brand which makes it even more desirable.
MAC has various products like foundations, concealers, lipsticks, eyeliners, spray, blush, eye shadows, setting powder, makeup brushes, strobe creams etc.
Because I am relatively new to the foundation world, I came across online MAC’s studio fix foundation. After reading the ingredients and watching many videos I decided to go for it.
I ordered the studio fix from Nykaa which costed me ₹2900. You can also order it from Sephora or Mac’s website.
FIRST IMPRESSION- I received the foundation in a well packed box. There was a small bottle. The bottle is small and handy, after opening the foundation I realised that it would be a messy affair because there was no pump available. While trying the shade it made my hands as well as the bottle messy. I really hope in future they provide a pump.
My shade is NW13, which is a fair beige with neural undertone for light skin. I got the perfect shade because I had already tried it at store but if you are confused you can try out their shade finder on their website.
It comes in 2 undertone- cool and warm, but there is a catch here, we will automatically feel that cool is NC and W is NW, that’s not the case, Mac works differently, you will find some cool undertones in NW and warm in NC. So pick wisely.
THE TEST- In the first place, I had tested the foundation for its shade on my wrist, and it turned out to be perfect and smooth.
HERE ARE MY VIEWS-
1. The foundation glides up smoothly. Since I have an oily skin it was easy for me, if you have very dry skin I don’t recommend this foundation because it’s not very thick. For oily skin it is easier to apply with the help of hands or a makeup sponge.
2. The foundation has a strong fragrance to it, which is bothersome. If you are someone who doesn’t like scented foundations then this one is not for you.
3. The texture is smooth and creamy. Very good for oily skin people. It blends perfectly on my skin without any lines and creases.
4. This foundation does last long. It claims to be 24 hour wear. But I would say it lasts for 10 hours for me in winters. Summers would be less. But if you keep doing touch ups it will last.
5. The coverage is buildable from medium to full coverage. It’s best to use it with fingers or a wet sponge.
6. It does cover any marks, pigmentation flawlessly. I didn’t even use a concealer inspite of having hyperpigmentation from acne.
7. The most important thing I was looking in a foundation is that it should not break me out. Since I have acne prone skin and get rashes by using new products. But thankfully this didn’t break me out. It didn’t clog my pores and it is perfect for my sensitive skin. So all beauties with acne prone skin try this one out.
8. I have heard a lot of people complaining that this foundation oxidises after few hours. But that was not true for me. I wore it for 10 hours and it stayed true to its shade. If you feel that your foundation is prone to get oxidised find a shade lighter than your skin tone.
9. It provides oil and shine control which is a boon to the oily skin girls, who likes to have a oily well on their face? 😂 This foundation proves to control oil for long hours.
10. It has SPF, yes I know it’s soo good. A foundation. With SPF is what we all need. It has a broad spectrum SPF 15.
11. The finish is matte and flawless. For oily skin like mine, it does not dry up and looks flawless.
- Medium to full coverage
- Controls oil and shine
- Not cakey
- Conceals any type of pigmentation well
- Conceals acne marks
- Variety of shades
- Matt finish
- Does not oxidise
- Stays on for 10 hours
- Contain SPF
- Blends easily
- Good for oily skin
- Doesn’t cause breakouts
- No lines and creases
- Does not come with a pump
- Strong fragrance
- Not suitable for dry skin
- Moderately priced
- Cannot be used with a brush.
VERDICT- Since I have oily skin, this foundation is perfect for me. It controls oils from my oily zones and sits well on my skin. Also it has SPF which is a very important criteria for me. For acne prone skin, this is a very good product. The pros are more than the cons and so I will definitely purchase it again and this will be my go-to foundation.