Summer is here, it’s time to keep your woollens inside and replace them with your summer clothing. Summers is all about cute and breathable fabrics, various colours, different styles. Creating a summer look is very important and your dressing game should be on point.
Dresses are always preferred in summers, because they are breathable, comfortable and look gorgeous in this season.
Here are few summer dresses which are wardrobe essentials-
1. MAXI DRESSES- Maxi dresses are very versatile. They are perfect for a brunch afternoon or a picnic. They are breathable and loose which make them very comfortable in this weather. It is always wise to opt for fabrics like cotton, linen or shiffon dresses in this weather. Go for lighter colours which looks ideal for a lunch. You can opt for a sleeveless dress or even an off shoulder. Maxi dresses also come with slits so if you are comfortable with that style you can opt for it. Pair it with cute flats and earrings and you are good to go.
You can go for floral prints like this orange A-line maxi dress from brand Qurvii-
Another option is a floral red and white off-shoulder maxi dress from Urbanic-
If you want to go for a plain solid dress then you can take inspiration from this solid white maxi dress from Blue Hour-
2. FIT AND FLARE DRESS- A fit and flare dress is perfect for all the pear body shaped ladies. The reason why I love these type of dresses are because they are flowy and comfortable which is ideal wear for summers. To ease this dress it’s very important to know which length suits you, if you are below 5’4, it is recommended that you choose a above knee length, and if you are above 5’4 then you can go for a midi or maxi length type.
If you are a fan of handblock prints then this cotton pink and sea green midi dress from Taavi is for you-
3. T-SHIRT DRESS- Looking for something more casual ? If yes then t-shirt dresses are for you. They are super comfortable and suits every body type. Days when you don’t feel like dressing up much and want to go for something casual you can opt for a t-shirt dress. I love the conventional round shaped neck ones and the ones with a collar. They look fashionable and sporty at the same time. It’s best to go for cotton t-shirt dresses during this weather. You can wear them to so many places like going to the mall, meeting a friend, casually hanging out with your friends and family. Pair them with sneakers or flats, a bag pack and you are good to go.
4. KAFTAN DRESS- Kaftans are very much in vogue now. There has been a sudden increase in the kaftan fashion. In India, kaftans are prominent but now in the west also the kaftans are trending. They are super duper comfortable and airy making it ideal for summers. You can wear them as lounge wear too. Kaftans come in different length, from maxi, midi to mini. It is totally on one’s comfort level that what length one prefers. I personally like the cotton ethnic work kaftans. It compliments all body types. It is a season must have. A Kaftan dress is totally worth it.
5. PINAFORE AKA DUNGRESS DRESS- A pinafore dress has been in trends since so many years. As kids, we all wore pinafore dress. Do you remember wearing dungress? Yes, it is the same, dungress is also known as pinafore. The history of pinafore dresses goes way back. Earlier the purpose of pinafore dresses were to use to it as aprons for young girls and adult women in order to avoid any stains on their clothes. The dress was attached to a pin on a piece of cloth and that is why it is called pinafore. But pinafore changed over the years, by introducing back strips and attaching them to the waist. As 90s kids we all have owned a pinafore dress, but not only back then, pinafore is again back in trend and has been spotted on many celebrities and models. Best way to pair a pinafore dress is with a basic t-shirt and sneakers.