In my last post I spoke about some budget friendly outfit ideas for female guests for an Indian wedding. In this post I will be talking about some outfit ideas for men for an Indian wedding.
I have come across very rare articles about mens outfit ideas for an Indian wedding so I decided to write on this and share some ideas for all the men out there who are looking for some outfit ideas for the wedding they are about to attend.
1. Kurta- Kurtas for men are very versatile, they can be worn not only for weddings but for festivals and other occasions. Kurtas give a very traditional smart look and looks very good on everyone. They can vary in length from long to short. Kurtas are a good option to wear for a haldi ceremony. You can find kurtas from Fabindia and on myntra which looks very smart and come in very good colours. You can opt for a bright or a pastel kurta if you are wearing for a day function.
A kurta can be paired with a churidar, pajama or a dhoti pant for a complete look.
A lime colour kurta with pajama from Fabindia
A kurta with dhoti pants from Kisah
Short kurta from house of pataudi
2. Shirt- I know many of you will wonder that why did I recommend a shirt. When I am talking about shirts I am talking about ethnic shirts. Look for shirts which contain handblock prints and ethnic motifs embedded on them Pairing an ethnic shirt with a pair of trousers look very smart. But for trousers you must only stick to basic colours like black, beige, brown and cream. You can easily rock this look for a mehndi function.
You can easily find ethnic shirts on Amazon and myntra, here are some of them-
Shirt with trousers from Fabindia
3. Nehru jacket- Nehru jackets are so much in trend these days and why not after all they look so smart. Nehru jacket changes the complete look of an outfit. They can be worn for any wedding functions. You can pair Nehru jacket with a kurta or a shirt. But be sure to not overdo it. When pairing a Nehru jacket with a kurta either keep the kurta plain and simple or the jacket don’t go overboard with both and same goes with a shirt or a t-shirt.
Here are some of the looks to take inspiration from-
Nehru jacket with kurta from Fabindia
Nehru jacket with t-shirt from Louis Philips
4. Ethnic long jacket- Ethnic long jacket is different from a Nehru jacket not only in length but also look wise. They again can be worn on any shirt and kurta. Best way to style them is above a kurta or a shirt and keep it open. Here also do not overdo it. A jacket is very different from sherwani and gives a more casual look and does not overdo the look. Since you are the guest you have to keep in mind to not go overboard.
Here are some of the jackets from designer Kunal Rawat’s collection from which you can take some inspiration-
5. Bandhgala suit- Bandhgala suits are also known as jodhpuri suits. It has its origin in Jodhpur so that is why they are also called jodhpuri suits. Bandhgala is a very popular choice of suit to wear for weddings and functions. The suit consists of a blazer and a fitted trouser. They look smart and formal which makes it perfect for an Indian wedding. You can also see a lot of celebs rocking bandhgala for various weddings.