Sometimes in life there comes a time when you really need a vacation but due to various circumstances it’s impossible to travel. Here comes to the rescue- The weekend Gateway.
I reside in Delhi NCR, so for me what was the perfect gateway- NEEMRANA in Rajasthan.
Neemrana is an ancient historical town in Alwar District in Rajasthan. This place belonged to the Chauhan dynasty. Rao Rajdeep Rao founded Neemrana in 1464.
In the current times, Neemrana is also an industrial hub. There is Rajasthan industrial cooperation as well as special economic zones.
Neemrana is perfect for a 2- day trip. Here are some of the things to do and keep in mind when planning to Visit Neemrana-
1. DISTANCE- If you are travelling from Delhi then the distance is only 104kms and takes approximately 2 hours 30 mins to reach. The Jaipur highway is well maintained. You can travel via your own personal vehicle or by any outstation cab services. There are a lot of tolls on this road but overall the road is very good to drive on and has a lot of dhabas and restaurants on the highway.
2. WHERE TO STAY- I would personally recommend staying at Neemrana Fort Palace. It was built in 1464 and was turned into a resort in 1991. They have 77 rooms of different sizes and preferences and on different levels. There are in total 9 wings in which the rooms have been divided. The booking can be done via their website- https://www.neemranahotels.com/m/fort-palace-neemrana/.
3. ROOMS- Every room is named after a mahal. There are rooms according to the number of people. If you are travelling as a couple you will get a room according to your preferences and if you are a big family you can opt for a room which has 2 bedrooms in it. The rooms are very spacious and give a heritage feel. Basic amenities like AC, geyser, running water, intercoms are present. But you won’t find an TV in any of the rooms because they believe that you must experience the heritage living.
You will only get to know which room you have got after checking in. So if you are lucky you can get a room with balcony. But view from all the rooms are breathtaking.
|The view from our balcony|
|Balcony of our room|
4. CULTURAL PROGRAMMES- Every night there is a cultural programme organised here which contains of Rajasthani folk dance, music and presentation of various skills by the locals at the amphitheater. You certainly don’t want to miss this because it’s marvellous. It’s a treat to the eyes to see all the talents and cultural representation by them. Do not forget to take your camera.
6. DINNING- The fort palace has 5 dinning areas. They offer complimentary breakfast. You can dine both indoors or outdoors. You can also opt for an exclusive menu and a special dinning place for a special occasion. Their laal Maas which is an authentic Rajasthani dish is a must try for all the non vegetarians. They also serve very tasty pasta and dessert.