Over the years, I have come across so many makeup brands, some I added in my makeup kit and some I regret buying. I generally don’t use makeup on a daily basis as I prefer to let my skin breathe.
So here are a list of my makeup products which I use for parties, festivals, weddings or any other big functions. All of these products are easily available on Nykaa.
- MAC Prep + Prime Fix Original- I absolutely love this product. It works very well on my oily skin. I use it as a primer as well as a setting spray. It makes my skin look radiant, provides a good base and keeps my makeup intact. On days I don’t want to wear heavy makeup I just spray this on my bare skin and it gives a very nice glow.
- LA Girl Pro Concealer HD- I have the green one because I do have hyperpigmentation from acne so this does a good job by cancelling the redness. The best part about this product is that it’s creamy and does not crease. It blends well with makeup blender.
- Makeup Revolution Conceal and Define Concealer-This is my favourite drugstore concealer. It is creamy and conceals pigmentation flawlessly. Sometimes I even use it without foundation when I want to go for something light. The best part is that it is not expensive and comes in so many shades. This concealer is a game changer.
- MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation- This is hands down the best foundation I have ever come across. I was always scared of getting breakouts from foundations but this one did wonders for my skin. It blends perfectly and has a full coverage. It has many shades for Indian skin. I usually blend it with my fingers. It does not oxidise on my skin.
- Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic Blush- What a beautiful blush which looks very natural. It gives a very sleek look to the face. I also love to use this blush on days when I only have my sunscreen on. It has a beautiful tint of peach and pink and glows in the sun.
- Lakmé Absolute Eyeshadow Palette (Soft Nudes)- This eyeshadow palette is highly pigmented and has very pretty shades. It has 13 shades out of which some have matte finish and some have shimmer finish to it. This palette pretty much has all the nude shades and last long.
- Charlotte Tilbury Flawless Finish Powder- This has 4 shades and has a very good finish. I usually apply it on my T- zone. I sometimes use it on my bare skin which is a quick fix if you want to keep your makeup light. Sets the foundations flawlessly. No doubt CT products are expensive but they are of very good quality and worth the purchase.
- Better Than Sex Too Faced Mascara- This has everything which a mascara should have. It is the best mascara I have tried. It is waterproof, smudge proof. The application is easy and not messy. Gives a very good definition to the eyelids without going over board. It dries up very fast so you won’t have to wait for too long between applying coats.
- L’Oréal Paris Liner Magique- I have been using this liner for the past 6 years and no doubt it has proved to be the best I have used so far. This eyeliner is super pigmented and with one stroke it sits well. It is waterproof and does not smudge easily. It has a fine shiny finish to it. It dries up pretty fast.
- Maybelline New York Fashion Brow Cream Pencil- This is my first eyebrow enhancer + filer. It does the job for me by filing it well and makes my eyebrows look natural. It blends easily. It is very affordable and lasts very long.
- L’Oréal Paris Kajal Magique- I am a die hard fan of L’Oréal when it comes to eye makeup. After experimenting with a lot of Kajals I came across this one and now this is the only Kajal I prefer. It suits my sensitive eyes and do not burn. The colour is rich black which I look for in a Kajal and it does not smudge even during the humidity.
- Lakmé 9 to 5 Primer+Matte Lipstick- The 9 to 5 range is a blessing for someone like me whose lipstick smudges and bleeds easily. It comes in variety of shades. The lipstick does justice to its name because it does last long. It moisturises the lips and gives a matte finish. This lipstick will not smudge under the mask too which gives more reasons to buy it.
These products pretty much sums up all the products I use for special occasions. I will certainly add new products to the list when I buy them and write about them. These products suit my sensitive acne-prone skin. But remember that every skin is different so feel free to experiment and go for those which suits your beautiful skin.