We all know that bridal wear is very special for all the girls out there. I am here to help you and give my suggestions to all the brides to be. So sit back with your cup of coffee or tea and take a deep breath.
- A bridal outfit is very close to every brides heart and is to be cherished for life so why not choose an outfit which will not only serve the purpose of your wedding but can also be used in future by restyling it. So focus on Sustainability and enjoy your outfit for the rest of your life.
- While choosing your bridal wear follow your heart and mind because your outfit reflects who you are. Avoid unwanted advise from others and put your creativity to use.
- Now days in Indian weddings it’s not necessary to wear a lehenga choli only. You can opt for various outfits like a saree, sharara, suits or even pant suits( which are trending). Choose according to your comfort and personal style.
- Next is the Budget. Set a budget and stick to it. Here is what you can do is to not go overboard with other outfits related to your trousseau and invest in your bridal outfit. This way you will have a decent budget for your bridal wear. Spare the temptation and stick to your budget.
- Now do some Research, trust me girl you will need some research. I am sure you have something in mind. There are a lot of sites like Pinterest, Wedmegood and Instagram to help you find your perfect outfit. This way you will also get an idea about the markets before you start exploring.
- So now that your budget is set it’s time to hit the market. Now every city has markets ranging from all budget. For example in Delhi there it is chandini chowk which is ideal for every budget , for mid budget is South ex and Karol Bagh whereas for high budget is Shahpur Jat, Hauz khas and Mehrauli. So choose accordingly.
- While looking for a perfect outfit consider wether your wedding is a summer or winter wedding. Weather plays an important role obviously you can opt for any fabric for your wedding if it is indoors but if you have an outdoor summer wedding look for light weight fabrics like organza, net or georgette and for winters you can opt for silk or velvet.
- It’s time to decide the colour of your outfit. You can definitely ditch the conventional colours. Now days brides are going for very off beat colours and patterns so play with the colours.
- Many stores offer customisation of outfit. You can get your outfit customised according to your taste by playing with the design of neck, sleeves or even add or minus any work on it.
- Have you decided your outfit? If yes, then congratulations, most of your work is done and it’s time to commission your outfit. I want to put emphasis on this because i have seen many brides to be coming last moment with panic. Many stores at least take 2-3 months to get the outfit ready. During the Covid-19 pandemic when restrictions and lockdowns can be imposed suddenly it’s better to commission your outfit on time to avoid last minute stress and inconvenience.
- Meanwhile your outfit is getting ready do keep in touch with the store and schedule your appointment for taking measurements time to time so that the final product fits you perfectly.
- So your outfit is ready and you have been called for trial. That’s great, isn’t it? During the trial don’t shy away from telling them if you want some minor changes so that it can be fixed on time.
Hey girl. Is your outfit ready? I am sure you are on cloud nine now. Go ahead and make a beautiful bride.
Don’t forget to store your outfit properly with a Muslin cloth and put it in a box but that doesn’t mean you forget about it. Do re use it in future and keep in mind the focus is on sustainability.